Blessed with spectacular white sandy beaches, sunny clear skies, crystal blue waters, gently swaying palms, lovely sunsets and lush flora, all teamed with a warm tropical climate – Seychelles as a destination ticks all of the boxes for a sensational anniversary, honeymoon and wedding ceremony.
The three major islands – Mahé, Praslin and La Digue – have varieties of beaches, resorts and venues to choose from when planning a romantic celebration. This archipelago nation off the coast of Africa offers singles, newly-weds, honeymooners and tourists the chance to escape to a tropical paradise.
Visitors can engage in a number of beach activites such as sharing a kiss, soaking in the sun or simply basking in the natural beauty around. Also, they can also explore the expansive nature reserves and fantastic diving spots and other water sports such as snorkelling, sailing and others.
Best Time To Visit
With an average temperature of 27°C, the islands of the Seychelles generally have warm, beach-perfect weather all year round because it is rarely too cold or too hot. June, July and August are reliably cool and dry, while the period from November to April is warmer and rainy.
Nevertheless, there is an abundance of sunshine before and after these showers. Diving and Sailing can be enjoyed all year round while Surfing and Windsurfing are more advisable between May to September which is when the south-east trade winds prevail.
Passport & Visa Requirements
There are no visas required to enter the Seychelles. All the visitor needs is a valid passport for the duration of stay, a return or onward flight ticket and proof of accommodation.
British Airways, Emirates, Ethiopian Airways, Etihad, Kenya Airways, Qatar Airways, RwandAir, South Africa Airways, Turkish Airlines and other airlines, all have scheduled flights from Abuja and Lagos to the Seychelles International Airport (SEZ) in Mahe.
Depending on the Island, the best way to get around is to use the bus service in Mahé and Praslin, and rent a bicycle or possibly walk around when in the tiny La Digue. All three major islands also have taxi services, which are the best means to move from the Seychelles International Airport (SEZ) to Victoria and other destinations around the island.
When travelling between islands, the Seychelles’ ferry services are very reliable and convenient. Also, there are a number of inter-island flights offered by Air Seychelles and few other airlines to Praslin and several other smaller islands.
From exclusive, luxurious resorts to beach-front villas, private island resorts and affordable boutique hotels, Seychelles Islands have a wide range of accommodation options with the right facilities in place to suit all kinds of travellers.
- Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel
- Hilton Seychelles Northolme
- Kempinski Seychelles
- Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa
- Berjaya Praslin Beach Resort’
- Constance Lemuria Praslin Seychelles
- Hotel Coco de Mer – Black Parrot Suites
- Le Duc De Praslin
- Raffles Seychelles
- Constance Ephelia Resort
- Domaine de L’Orangeraie Resort and Spa
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa Outdoor Pool
- Le Relax Beach House – La Digue
- Le Surmer Chalets La Digue
Tours and Activities
- Golf on Mahé and Praslin
- Yacht Charter and Cruising
- Nature Walk at the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve, Praslin Island
- Take A Tour Of The Morne Seychellois National Park, National Botanical Gardens, Ste Anne Marine National Park
- Go Island Hopping – Mahé, Praslin and La Digue
- Go Swimming, Snorkelling, Scuba diving, Game Fishing, Whale Shark Watching
Seychelles Key Facts
- Capital: Victoria
- Calling code: +248
- Currency: Seychellois rupee (SCR)
- Continent: Africa
- Driving Side: Left
- Official Language(s): English, French, Seychellois Creole
- Largest city: Victoria
- Time zone: UTC+4 (SCT)