Blessed with distinct wildlife, mountain retreats and picturesque coastline, there are few destinations in the world that can match the variety South Africa has to offer in terms of holidays or vacations. From the bustling cities like Cape Town and Durban to Johannesburg and Pretoria, this huge country has a host of attractions to suit every kind of holidaymaker, thrill seekers and culture lovers, which makes it the perfect destination for all seasons.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to visit South Africa:
- Affordability: During these tough times, who doesn’t want an affordable holiday? In South Africa, you can even afford luxury and have spending money for shopping and other treats!
- Natural Beauty: South Africa’s scenic wonders are legendary. From Table Mountain to God’s Window, the mountains, forests, coasts and deserts will sooth your soul and delight you.
- World-class Facilities: Whether you opt for Afro-chic or authentic Africa, you’ll find it easy to get around, find a comfortable place to stay, have a great meal, connect.
- Adventures: South Africa is the adventure capital of the world. With over 130 adventures and counting, there is something for everyone from mountain walks to shark cage-diving!
- Good Weather: In sunny South Africa, our great weather invites you to enjoy the outdoors, play golf year-round and take advantage of the nearly 3000km coastline…
- Rainbow Nation: The Rainbow Nation celebrates all its African and immigrant cultures. We’re known for our friendliness across the country.
- Diverse Experiences: Go almost anywhere in South Africa and experience the ultimate combination of nature, wildlife, culture, adventure, heritage and vibe – you’re spoilt for choice, so pack it in!
- Wildlife: Warning! Watching wildlife is addictive. First you start with the Big Five, and then you’ll soon be looking for whales, penguins, meerkats, wild dogs, birds, dung beetles…
- Freedom Struggle: Discover a nation’s struggle for freedom whilst following the footsteps of Nelson Mandela, Hector Pieterson and many other celebrated revolutionaries.
- Responsible Tourism: In South Africa you can travel with care as you explore our protected areas, contribute to social and conservation projects, buy recycle art and stay green.